Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruit update...some pictures

Posted by franktank232 z5 WI (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 23:50

Just thought i'd give a June 15 update on mostly stonefruit...this isn't everything... Finally feels like summer here the past 10 days or so.

Flavor Queen
 photo Flavorqueen.jpg

Flavor King
 photo flavorking.jpg

Flavor Grenade
 photo emeralddrop.jpg

Emerald Drop
 photo emeralddrop1.jpg

Geo Pride
 photo geopride.jpg

Dapple Dandy
photo dappledandy.jpg

Puget Gold
 photo pugetgold.jpg

Alderman
 photo alderman-1.jpg

Supeior
 photo superiorplum.jpg

Hunza
 photo hunzaapricot.jpg

TangOs
 photo donutpeach.jpg

Saturn
 photo saturnpeach.jpg

Harrow Sweet
 photo HarrowSweet.jpg

This post was edited by franktank232 on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 20:27

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruit update...some pictures

[sigh] PC-free fruit! They all look gorgeous!

o

Nice clean fruits!

o

Thanks... I've just used Permethrin so far on the stonefruit and its kept them super clean. I've yet to see a hit on one of my hybrid plums, with the Alderman being the tree they love most. So the spray has been very effective. That being said, the apples have been hit hard and need to be thinned (I sprayed them late...waited too long).

Hopefully we stay dry now so the fruit can really start to size up and take on some color.

o

Frank, they are beautiful. and healthy! Will you net the trees?

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 15:18

That is beautiful fruit and very nice pictures. My only suggestion is to thin the pluots again. Those babies get a lot bigger than you think and on my trees that's still about twice too much fruit.

The third picture from top is Flavor Grenade not Emerald Drop. They have that grenade shape early on.

o

What permethrin products are you all using?

o

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 16:18

Nice to see the sun again!

o

I probably won't net...

Fruit-
Yeah..it was dark when i was going through those pics and i thought i had most of them figured out... I knew you would say something about thinning! I've been brutal on the 'cots, but haven't touched the pluots...yet. I've been watching all the Dave Wilson Utube videos and thinning is something that they hit hard on.

I'm using some Ortho Lawn and Garden Insect Killer...32oz concentrate...2oz/gallon... Not even sure its made anymore.

Sun is awesome..84F and sunny this afternoon...pool was packed and dads got in free!

o

Your fruits are very beautiful. Please send more pics as they grow if you remember. I live in Georgia and I do have 2 pluot trees although I am told that they don't do well here. I have a flavor supreme and a 4-n-1 combo which is FG, FK, DD, and FS. When will the FS ripen because I am ready to go to the farmers market and buy up a bunch! LOL. As I continue on with the 2 pluot trees, I will upload pics as well if they do okay.On the FS, the 4 flowers fell off due to an early freeze this year. It is right next to a Santa Rosa tree so I would have hand pollinated it had the weather not intervened. If the 2 trees dont do well here, I will ship them off to friends in California. Anyway, keep up the good work.

o

Sorry guys, I entered the wrong zone for where I am located. I am in metro atlanta, ga which on the map is listed as zone 8a although neighbors tell me we are in zone7b. I think I will go with zone 8a because I know I don't live in Texas otherwise I would try to find out where Fruitnut lives so I can glean info from him! LOL. You guys are awesome in knowledge. I read up on all my fruit trees online and I am learning from experience as well.

o

Yeah...i'll do another update probably around mid July if everything is coloring up by then. I updated the above to fix the Emerald Drop/Flavor Grenade...

I'm already seeing some that I've started pulling off (some just stop growing and start to turn yellow)...so i've thinned a few out now.

o

Frank your photograph of the 'Saturn' peach is a riot. Do you have rot problems with them, that has been discussed a little in this forum? My plums are showing signs of 'cat-facing' and yours have none. Mrs. G

o

Great pictures Frank !

You and Conrad should publish a book full of fruit plant pictures.

o

MrsG-

Last year I lost the fruit that developed to some insect early on... This is the first year with a lot of fruit. I know i've read of the rot problems and i'm going to do what i can to keep the fruit dry...we'll see. No cat facing...yet...

Northern-

We'll see if i can get them to stay clean and color up and then i'll think about that book! I got a new camera over the winter and it really works great for macro work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here