Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
champagne_charly_gw

Am I paranoid is somebody poisening my raspberries.

champagne_charly
10 years ago

Hello,

I transplanted some raspberries a few months ago. Gave them lots of Fish bone and blood and root hormones. First 3 days they were beautiful with little to no wilt on new shoots. I confess there after i neglected to water them for 2 weeks. Lots (30%) died. I presumed this was simply neglect.

However weeks on and every time I go back I notice that new shoots that have come through and produced foliage and in some case flower and berry formations have gradually died back starting from the leaves and then the whole shoot.

I'm not the best at watering raspberies given I've never needed to in the past... but all canes and good root structures given they were all minimum of 2 year old canes. There has been lots of contention in respect of so many soft fruits being grown that I am suspicious of fowl play. I gave some of the plants a good 10l of water each last sunday to go back again yesterday to find that one of the healthy(ish) plants bearing greenshoots with blossom had almost completly died back and was soon to add to the ever extending diying plants.

I have read up on some diseases affecting raspberry canes http://www.which.co.uk/documents/pdf/raspberry-cane-diseases-153695.pdf but nothing seems to apply.

I'm hoping for some advice opinions on what is happening/ what to do. I'm considering getting some sort of analyses done although am sure if it is possible and at what kind of cost (here in the UK).

Thanks in advance..

Comment (1)