Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cicada damage:

Posted by loneranger_grow S-Iowa (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 8:28

The radio said our 17 yr Cicada onslaught would cause little damage. WRONG! They lay eggs under the bark of new growth. The eggs supposedly hatch and the grubs fall and burrow into the ground. The spits damaged a lot of my young oaks and fruit tree growth. Now the supposed grubs are in the soil. Are they now feeding on my roots? Should I apply a grub killing granual or spray to the soil?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cicada damage:

They'll be there a long time, and by the time they're out again your trees will be mature and less susceptible to them.

o
RE: cicada damage:

Yes but I am talking about the grubs eating my roots, Not sure when they start that????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here