o
Bird Control

Posted by spartan-apple (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 9:20

O' robin with your breast so red,
lying on the ground completely dead.

Shot with lead in the head,
no more on my cherries will you be fed!

Sorry just a quick poem I thought of while watching the robins try to get the cherries off my North Star tree. The tree is netted. Several walking around the net this morning and they finally figured it out.

They started divebombing the net hard and bounce off of it. Immeadiately they hover next to it like a hummingbird would do flapping their wings very fast. This give them time to insert their beak thru the holes in the netting in the hopes of grabbing a nearby cherry.
Not too successful but they have the patience of a saint.

I finally saw one get lucky. They seem to be as smart as
the squirrels in figuring out how to get at forbidden fruit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird Control

By the sound of it you have no sympathy for Robins,... placed netting too late, I know, it can be frustrating.
Trees should be covered before cherries get red, [heavy netting],..not with the light netting's which tangles and kills birds.
And if you want all cherries for yourself s, then make a structure, place some poles with a top T to hang netting away from cherries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here