Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strawberry question

Posted by PatrickW Wisconsin (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 9:40

Hi, I'm new here and new to gardening. My wife and I have set aside a small plot and this is our second year of putting in a garden. We planted about 100 mail order strawberry plants a couple months ago and for the most part they have seemed to come up fine and are putting out runners. Now we have noticed that the leaves are getting brown spots on some of the plants. On most of the plants the leaves have a slight curl as well. Does someone have an idea as to what's going on? We are also having some issues with our raspberries and apple trees as well which I hope to get to later. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strawberry question

In my minimal experience, all kinds of stuff happens to strawberry leaves. I consider those normal, and the new growth looks good. Ground looks a little dry though. New plantings should be kept watered. You should see my strawberry leaves! I'd just leave those alone or you can remove them if it bothers you. Maybe spray with a fungicide. I've never sprayed my small 3 year old patch. I just went through mine and removed the old foliage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here