Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
critters

Posted by Aaronvp123 ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 12:55

i have a problem with chipmunks, squirrels and birds they keep eating my watermelons and tomatoes and everything else. how do i keep them out? i have tried liquid fence, hot sauce but nothing is working, about to put mouse traps everywhere. what can i do ???? help me thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: critters

I've had success keeping squirrels from my melons by making wire cages out of 1/2" wire cloth and placing them around the fruits as they start to ripen.

A 2 foot high fence of 1 inch poultry wire around the entire garden will also keep out rabbits and squirrels.

o
RE: critters

Mouse traps are too small... Victor Rat traps take out chipmunks and red squirrels. Gray squirrels will be able to pull out of the trap most of the time. The dent in their head may drive some out of the area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here