Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
infiniteohms

Need help diagnosing Apple and Apricot problems

infiniteohms
10 years ago

Hello,
I need some help figuring out what is going with a couple of my fruit trees. First some general info, these trees where planted about 6 years ago in very sandy soil, which over the past 6 year we have added a lot of compost to. In previous years they have had occasional problems, but since they weren't bearing yet i didn't worry to much about it. This year has been a great growing season for most things as it has been very rainy (and water is usually the limiting factor for our garden, due to the sandy soil), but i think being constantly wet is starting to catch up with these trees.

Apricot:
Had a good crop last year, which dropped when they where ~90% ripe (so they where still quite tasty!), this year it bloomed fine, but then dropped a lot of fruit right away and in the last week all the remaining fruit has dropped. A lot of the leaves have withered and dropped.

Apple:
Had one apple last year, this year it bloomed heavy, but set no fruit, leafed out just fine, but some leaves are turning brown and crispy.

This post was edited by infiniteohms on Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 22:03

Comments (5)