Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong with my plum?

Posted by ack01 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 15:30

I bought a scarlet beauty plum last year and it was growing fast! winter comes and the plum goes dormant as expected spring comes the buds brake and it leafs out and flowers fine. after the bud broke nothing else has happened in months! the plum has not grown at all. I have used 10-10-10 twice now no effect. The plum just started to grow a few new leafs but they are light green almost yellow with dark green veins. Anyone have any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong with my plum?

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 16:41

Could it be a herbicide issue, roundup or a broadleaf weed killer? Possibly winter injury. Where do you live and how cold last winter? Too much fertilizer?

o

• Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 21:33

Where are you? What zone? In ground or in a pot? Which rootstock? How often do you water?

o

Iron!

o

I am in 9b It is growing in the ground. No idea what root stock I have. When it is not rainy season I water 2 to three times a week(very sandy soil) this time of year it rains every day I am not watering. I could look into Iron but I am pretty sure my soil has a high amount of iron. I dug a shallow well a few years back. the water table is at 7 feet deep. the water I pump out is so full of iron it will start to rust if you leave it in a cup for a few days. of course that does not mean I have iron in the first two feet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here