Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rampart fungicide?

Posted by Dan.NY 5B (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 16:19

I have been using this, albeit not as much as I think I should on just about all my trees and vines. Its called Rampart. I never see anything about this spray really. This year, Cornell added it to at least their grape vine spray guide, but put very little about it. Just a brief mention. Has anyone used it? Any thoughts? I really have not sprayed enough to keep fungus at bay. Though last view of the orchard 2 weeks ago, evertyhing looked great. My vines had some fungus though. Sadly.

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld8NI005.pdf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rampart fungicide?

It is a phosphorous acid based spray. At one point I used one of those on grapes. It is an eradicant spray, it will kill when you spray but will not prevent. It is supposed to be pretty good on downy mildew, but I found it did not work well at all on its own and my standard spray became fosphite (the brand of phosphorous acid spray I was using) plus 1/2 strength copper. Those together worked reasonably well on downy mildew. There are probably other better options for downy if you are using synthetics.

First step though is figure out what fungus you have, if its black rot or powdery phosphorous does little for those. Grape sprays (as well as most fruit sprays) are very much per-disease.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here