Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Borealis AND Tundra flowering 2nd time.

Posted by Noogy 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 17:01

Hey now! What the f... flowering? Ok, so i've been babying(or bullying) my HB's to see what they'll do. Forest mulch, Kelp, ammonium nitrate, frequent waterings and voila, they have exploded and after 14 months they are 2' wide and reaching up with flowers. In many cases a 2nd flowering is a sign of a last attempt to reproduce before dying in some plants but apparently this isn't the case! Has anyone had this happen? What can I expect? fruit in September?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Borealis AND Tundra flowering 2nd time.

I can't answer your questions, but good job! I want to add Tundra in the fall. i have three plants currently. All seedlings really. Mine are in a lot of shade, so i don't want to use a strong fertilizer. Only organics for now.
I have a spot with a little more sun for the tundra.

This post was edited by Drew51 on Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 23:55

o

I just planted mine this year - 1 Borealis and one Cinderella and one "2 in 1" pot of Borealis and Honeybee. Neither flowered for me, but it does seem like one of them has 2 or 3 fruits lol.

You should see fruit in august or september.

o

So they produced fruit already this year? What did you think of it? I planted 5 plants this year but have never actually tried any of the fruits before.

o

Congrats!

I got two this spring, Cinderella and Borealis, and both are healthy but very small still.

They are maybe 10 inches across and 8 inches high. I figure they can only be one or two years old, max. Do you know how many years old yours are now that they are flowering for the first time?

If mine fruit next year I'd be really happy.

Can you post pictures?

o

Ld,
I got mine as little 1 yr olds last yr. I did have several blooms earlier this year and ate the fruit, but they needed more time. Ihave to find the charger for my camera. Ugh.

o

I did read they can throw a blossom or two late season, so it's not unusual. It's mentioned in the description at honeyberryusa.

This post was edited by Drew51 on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 23:57

o

Thanks, Drew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here