Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herb Robert repells deer?

Posted by fruitgrower_gardener 7a/7b (pdarren88@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 17:29

I have read about a plant that repells deer , it is a type of wild geranium known as HERB ROBERT , it probably does not repell them very well or more would be said about it , but I would like to get some anyway does anyone have this seed for trade?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herb Robert repells deer?

Posting on Weeds, Wildlife, Herb, etc., forums may get more responses about seeds for this pretty weed.

o

Geranium robertianum spreads like crazy by seed, smells horrible imo and I am very dubious it will repel any wildlife. It is a very common native here and we have a deer population explosion. Maybe you are confusing a plant which deer tend not to browse with one which actively repels them? I would be very wary of introducing it without further research. A quick Google reveals it is listed as invasive in some States, including Oregon, Larry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Herb Robert in Oregon.

o

...and the other forums suggested would likely make that their main focus for responses. I'm not going to be planting any.

Sources that state the deer repellant properties also state the plant may absorb power line radiation. Such a versatile herb would surely repel Bigfoot also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here