Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spur blight on TC blackberry?

Posted by ajsmama 5b (NW CT) (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 17:35

Ag station says cane I brought in June 19 has spur blight. I thought blackberries resistant? Anyway said can use lime sulfur but I read that's supposed to be used early in spring. Plan on just cutting cane ( it was ild cane I tip rooted over winter. Covered with burlap laying on ground so was wet. Hope just to save new cane. Anything g else I can do except get canes with lots of new laterals trellised?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spur blight on TC blackberry?

I've noticed on TC where there is crowding from closely-spaced canes and trained laterals, that some "spurs" do not grow but a few inches to a foot or so, and then wither and die.

o
RE: Spur blight on TC blackberry?

This cane was cut to 2ft after rooting. Then it turned ashy. I cut that part off and brought it in. The rear of the old cane got leaves flower and 1fruir then I saw this week it too had shriveled and died. Meant to cut it v4 vacation but didn't. Can cut it when get back tomorrow night. It's raining at gone anyway you're bit supposed to cut when wet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here