Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

Fruit progress pics

peachymomo
10 years ago

I started growing fruit five years ago when my Mom got a house with a large and sunny yard. There were several fruit trees already there, a few of which I had to remove, but the Weeping Santa Rosa plum and the Pink Pearl Apple are definite winners in my book and both are bearing well this year. The first tree I planted was the Babcock peach (5 years ago,) and we're getting our first harvest this year. Most of the other trees are 3 or 4 years old, and are giving their first fruits too. I've learned a lot, this forum and it's helpful knowledgeable folks have helped immensely, but I know there is still a lot left for me to learn. I have a list of things I would do differently next time and trees I would like to have someday, but I'm happy with the results I've gotten from my work so far.

Santa Rosa Plum
{{gwi:121043}}
{{gwi:121044}}

Pink Pearl Apple
{{gwi:121045}}
{{gwi:121046}}

Babcock Peach - The first fruit tree I planted, before I'd done any research on good varieties or anything. Nevertheless, I have to say a homegrown peach of any kind beats a store bought peach any day. I'm in heaven eating peaches and cream for dessert every night.
{{gwi:121047}}
{{gwi:121048}}

Elephant Heart Plum - I can't wait to eat these, it's been years and years since I've had a good one.
{{gwi:121049}}
{{gwi:121050}}

D'anjou Red Pear - I got my first two fruits this year, four years after planting is pretty precocious for a European pear, isn't it?
{{gwi:121051}}
{{gwi:121052}}

Rio Oso Gem Peach - a lot of these peaches are oddly shaped and/or lopsided, is that normal for this variety?
{{gwi:121053}}
{{gwi:121054}}

Flavor Grenade Pluot - Third year for this tree, I'm excited to taste my first fruits.
{{gwi:121055}}
{{gwi:121056}}

Flavor King Pluot- Another three year old, only four fruits on this one, I hope no more drop off.
{{gwi:121057}}
{{gwi:121058}}

Thornberry Apple- A baby I got as a bench graft four years ago, it has two little apples that I probably shouldn't leave on but I'm going to anyway.
{{gwi:121059}}

Vanessa Grape - The prettiest if not the best tasting of my grapes. It's getting color first, most of the rest are all green and therefore hard to tell apart in the pictures.
{{gwi:121060}}

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone, and have a peachy day!

Comments (4)