Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
x disease ????

Posted by mes111 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 18:16

The leaves on my young peach trees,have developed some *&^%$+)_#@ condition.

By way of photo i.d. only, I found something called " X-DISEASE" with the cure being "remove and burn".

See the pictures... (1) do I have the dreaded "X" ? or ...
(2) is there a more benevolent cure? or ...
(3) maybe I have something else... I hope

Has anyone heard of this and of any treatment.

Thanx, Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: x disease ????

Eradication of choke cherry near stone fruit orchards helps reduce the incidence of X-disease.
If you are nursery has choke cherry that where disease comes from by way Leafhoppers.

Here is a link that might be useful: choke cherry disease on peaches

o

Gator...
I don't see any chokecherry trees/bushes in the wwoded area immediatelly around me.

I guess I'll try real careful cleanup and will religiously spray for leafhoppers etc.
Tha x Mike

o

It could have been in plant when purchase plant. Nurseries do have problems with diseases and viruses so don't totally blame your area for disease now as your plant has disease it can be transfer by your leafhoppers to other stone fruits you may have.

o

It could also be bacterial spot. Bacterial spot is about a hundred times more common than X-disease and it has many different looks to it depending on the weather during the infection. Look at the picture of bacterial spot on the page below and see how it compares, and look up other pictures.

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: bacterial spot (scroll down)

o

So ... the eternal fight between man and nature continues.

Why ...."Can't we just get along" <>

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here