Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

 o
Has my cherry tree died, and rootstock taken over?

Posted by gr8heather 6b (blondebabe@gmail.com) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 18:45

I bought a "Sherry Cherry" tree from lowes the year before last. It's a dwarf that is supposed to be 15ft tall. It did well the first year, and had leafs and flowers this spring, but then the tree suddenly died. I suspect from my cats using it as a scratching post. I was going to tear it out when I noticed that a bunch of new little tree sprouts are coming up around the base. Will they be "sweet Sherry Cherries", or will they be suckers from the rootstock? If they are rootstock, do you think they will bear edible cherries?


Follow-Up Postings:

 o
RE: Has my cherry tree died, and rootstock taken over?

Most likely suckers from root stock.


 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!


Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.


Learn more about in-text links on this page here