Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf fuji apple tree

Posted by nagould none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 18:47

I bought my husband a dwarf fuji apple tree for Father's Day. It is still in the pot it came in. Most of the leaves have dried up and fallen off. it looks so pitiful now. We had a horrible heat spell last week, would this cause this? We've moved it under the patio for now, but each day it looks worse. I'm hoping the tree can be saved, but I'm not sure what to do. Leaves also have this weird ring on them (see picture). Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf fuji apple tree

Very dry.

When you water, does the water run out immediately?

If so, set the pot in a tub of water to rehydrate the potting mix. -- maximum 20 minutes to avoid drowning the tree.

o
RE: Dwarf fuji apple tree

yeah, they baked in your pot. it would be happiest in the ground, otherwise needs more frequent watering in pot (or this happens)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here