Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED:cherry bush and blueberry bush clones/cuttings

Posted by hybridracers none (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 19:03

Tried posting this once already, sorry if its a repost.

Im looking for cutting/clones of cherry bush like carmine jewel and or any of the romance cherry bush series.

Im also looking for any blueberry bush that can tolerate the heat of the southwest.

I will be keeping them potted for the remaining year and planting in spring in raised beds.

Anyone that can help me out please reply or email. Id love to finish the planning of the back yard oasis.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED:cherry bush and blueberry bush clones/cuttings

I'm not sure the Carmen Jewel or Romance cherries would take the heat of the Southwest. Then also is the matter of royalties. If you want to save money, watch in the spring for a sale on these items. For instance, I got Carmen Jewels for about two-thirds off on a sale by Gardens Alive. Jungs had Patriot blueberries for $5.48 each last fall. Henry Fields had a couple varieties for about $5 each in a clearance a year or so ago. Sometimes other GardenWeb members alert us of the sales. Have the companies put you on their email sale alert lists. The big box stores also have clearances. I seldom ever pay full price. These will also give faster, more reliable and healthier results than trying to root cuttings that came in the mail, especially this time of year, from someone. Northwoodswis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here