Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njmomma_gw

Pics of my blueberry bushes - are they ok?

njmomma
9 years ago

I bought them 2? years ago and I neglected them last year, not giving them enough water, but when I initially planted them I read up on it and made sure to amend the soil to obtain the proper PH. Who knows what the PH is now.

So, one is a nice dark green and the other, well, not so dark. The lighter one gets berries but the animals get to them when they are still green and I find them on the ground next to the bush.

The darker one (on the left) with larger leaves is EarlyBlu and the lighter one with smaller leaves is Jersey. I got 2 because I read you need 2 different ones to get berries.

They are in full sun on the south side of the house. I've been watering them thoroughly 2 times a week this year if it doesn't rain and sometimes more since I read they like water. The soil is good, amended and they are in a raised bed (1 foot raised).

My guess is they need more acidic soil ??? Am I supposed to be pruning them? The ones at the botanical gardens were just as small but full of leaves and berries.

I don't know, they just look a little sad to me.

{{gwi:121316}}

{{gwi:121317}}

{{gwi:121318}}

and this one is Jersey
{{gwi:121319}}

{{gwi:121320}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm