Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are Patriot Blueberries late?

Posted by edweather Zone 5a/b Central NY (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 19:26

Have meaning to ask this question for a while. My Bluecrop, and Blueray have been supplying ripe berries for a couple of weeks now, but my 2 year old container Patriot is definitely behind. Only a couple of ripe berries so far. Not a very big bush, but has been basically stagnant for a couple of months. Has recently shown signs of pushing new growth but the berries are paralyzed. Will post a photo tomorrow, not home now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are Patriot Blueberries late?

• Posted by Drew51 5b/6a SE MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 19:59

I noticed mine ripened early. I still have one plant not ripe, but they will be soon. Berries are turning. It's been a strange year, I would not think much about it.

o

Patriot is an early berry. Sounds like yours might actually be Elliot.

o

OK, thanks. Mine are just starting to ripen. The plant/foliage has a unique look to it. I'll post a photo and maybe it will be identifiable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here