Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help my fig tree!

Posted by colonel_kernel none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 20:08

My fig leaves are looking quite sad. Well, some are healthy and some are spotted. I noticed some mosaic leaves this year, but read that it's not much to really worry with and most trees get over it naturally.

So, we've had quite a lot of rain and now my leaves look like this. Is this a fungal growth or rust? I'm in zone 9a Texas gulf coast do there's a plethora of bugs here too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help my fig tree!

Here's a more broad shot

o

That's rust. You need to strip ALL of the infected leaves
and dispose of them. Keep the tree well watered and it should rejuvenate itself.

o

Thanks. Can this affect my plum, satsuma or blackberries?

o

Also, should I follow up in fall with copper spray? Not sure if it'll help.

o

I've never seen rust on figs, but that doesn't look right to me. Nor does it match the descriptions I find online.

Any chance of another image, this one showing the back of the leaf?

Info about fig rust is at the link from UFL --

Here is a link that might be useful: fig rust from UFL

o

No, it won't hurt the other trees, and yes, it's rust.

o

Yeah, it's rust. I read up more on the subject. Thanks for the help! Here's a pic of the underside of one of my leaves. No spots on the top of this one yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here