Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Is this a rust on my apricot leaves?

I can't show my actual leaves because I have no camera, but hopefully the answer is pretty straightforward with a visual I do have. On the underside of my Autumn Royal apricot's leaves are pinpoints of a rusty color, like the orange dots in the linked pic at the bottom of this post (not the black parts, just the orange).

The leaves also feel sandy now. This is new and very recent (unless I missed something by not typically inspecting the undersides of leaves!). The newest leaves are fine.

I haven't been spraying my apricots yet because they aren't old enough to bear and I wanted to wait until I needed to start spraying. It's only on Autumn Royal, not Goldcot (but they aren't right by each other, either).

(Everything else looks good about my apricots so far, but this variety does seem less vigorous than Goldcot, and now the rusty issue on it. I got it for late apricots because it was available here and not costly at all. It's cool if that variety ends up not working out, but a simple spray program isn't a problem, lol.)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:121496}}

Comment (1)