Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wormy thing on my Asian pear leaves

Posted by HeyJude2012 10b/24 San Diego (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 20:28

What in the world is this??? It is a very very dark green and I have a ton of them on my Asian pear leaves. Almost every leaf has one or two. It's soft and almost slimy like a slug. Are these baby slugs? They are not hiding during the day.

I took a temporary second part time job. Working 6 days a week and started 2 weeks ago. In that small amount of time, my garden has just gone to pot...it seems like it any ways.

Argh...I spent the whole day cleaning up and sweeping and trimming and fertilizing etc etc etc.....how can things fall apart so quickly???

Did get 18 tomatoes off an early girl and more tomatillos than you could shake a stick at. Just have to figure out when I can make some salsa.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wormy thing on my Asian pear leaves

It looks to be Pear Slug/Pear Sawfly larva. Brady

o

Seldom important to the tree's health.

If a few on a reasonable sized tree, you can squish or drown in soapy water.

o

Thanks so much!!! I'll just pick them off. Luckily it's a small tree.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here