Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grape growth has stalled?

Posted by citrusfishee 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 20:30

I have a king of the north grapevine growing, it is potted (and before you all lecture me on the impossibility of growing fruiting plants in pots, , I'm aware of the obstacles... Haha), the plant is doing really well, lots of new top growth, and 4 or 5 bunches of grapes.

The grape buds flowered a few months ago and the grapes have increased in size quite a bit, but the last month or so they seemed to have stopped getting bigger, though the plant continues to grow. They aren't what I know to be full grown grape size yet, and haven't ripened either. Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with the plant?

The grapes are roughly dime sized right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grape growth has stalled?

Yes, perfectly normal. Most fruit does this, grows initially, gets to a certain size, and then doesn't physically grow very much for a while, or at least, grows much more slowly than it did initially, so that it has the appearance of not growing. During that time, though, processes are happening internally all working towards maturation of the seeds and ripening of the fruit. Eventually, it will start to grow again, and then ripen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here