Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mulberry No Longer Producing

Posted by valeriegr 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 20:53

I had a grouping of mulberry that produced berries well for a few years. The power company had to replace a transformer and ended up taking down about a third of the group. Since that fall (about 2 years ago) the entire mulberry grouping has not produced. It looks very healthy in terms of leafy growth. Does anyone know if I can expect it to bounce back and produce again? Or can I do something to encourage it? I really miss the berries. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mulberry No Longer Producing

Most mulberries are either male or female. They may have removed one or the other, leaving you with either pollenating males or unpollenated females.

If you are getting regrowth from the ones cut down, that may solve the problem as they mature and begin to flower again. Look on Google for illustrations of their catkins. If you can find which sex you are lacking, you can take cuttings and relocate a few away from harm by the electric company. Regrowth will take years, of course. :o(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here