Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Very damp conditions

Posted by MrsG47 7 RI (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 20:55

Our miserable, humid, rainy conditions in Newport, RI this summer has for the first time created powdery mildew on my Concords grapes. Ok to use Monterey Fungi fighter on them now? thanks, Mrs. G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Very damp conditions

iirc Immunox is considered the fungicide of choice for PM on grapes.

o

I would first check to make sure it is not downy mildew. Powdery tends to like drier weather, downy likes it wet. If you have powdery you are lucky, many things will work on it. I found summer oil to be highly effective. Downy is much harder to deal with; I used copper for downy on my organic grapes. There are also synthetics for it, mancozeb if memory serves.

Scott

o

Will check on the difference of downy/vs powdery mildew. Thanks Scott and Itilton. Mrs. G

o

what does iirc mean?

o

iirc= If I recall correctly

o

Thanks, never have been into abrevs.

o

Scott thanks for telling me there are two types of powdery mildew. (downy being the other). What I have are only two leaves with powdery mildew and they were not totally covered by the white powder. I cut them off and will spray with immunox after it stops raining. Raining and more rain! Two more days of the horrible rain is predicted., but, the temps dropped into the high 60's today. A twenty degree drop over night. Mrs. G ps. weather has been horrible this summer so far.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here