Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
himrod seedless grapes

Posted by grape-2006 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 21:00

How does himrod seedless grapes preform in the Midwest?are they hardy enough to withstand winter temps in the Midwest?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: himrod seedless grapes

• Posted by myk1 5 IL (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 10:33

Should withstand z6.
I thought it tasted good. But I ripped it out because half of the vine died off and then I found out it's prone to doing that. I don't know if it would to that less in z6 or if it does it everywhere.

o
RE: himrod seedless grapes

I have one Himrod and it survived a cold winter in 6A (-7F and 5 times of -5F or lower). Some vine cold damage and no fruit this year. On the other hand, with some minor pruning and no fruit load the vines have been highly vigorous this year in vegetative growth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here