Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stone Fruit recall

Posted by olpea zone 6 KS (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 22:22

Unless I missed it, I don't believe this has been posted on the forum yet. (see link below)

Here is a link that might be useful: Fruit recall expands across the U.S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stone Fruit recall

Not very effective since it dates back to peaches that may have been purchased since June 1 -- Umm, I think I ate those. Either that or they're rotting somewhere.

o

Saw this. Where did they come from and what was the issue?

o

I was also wondering about this, how does listeria get into (or onto) stone fruits? Do you think it was a sanitation problem, like the cockroaches causing the salmonella issues at foster farms?

o

I saw this on the news, but the story quickly disappeared. Mrs. G Would love to know what happened.

o

There is a notice posted about this in the stone fruit section of the supermarket where I usually shop.It seems like they caught it kind of late,with the dates they came up with.
One news report said the company,Wawona, through internal testing,found Listeria on two Nectarines and a Peach.
It's better to be safe. Brady

o

• Posted by olpea zone 6 KS (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 11:50

My guess is it was contaminated wash water. That's what happened with the Jensen brothers in CO with the cantaloups.

That was a terrible tragedy in which people died, and the brothers themselves were criminally prosecuted and fined.

It was really sad because the brothers in my opinion where only slightly negligent, yet resulted in the deaths of dozens of people. The brothers will probably never live down their infamy, or their own personal guilt, and the families of the victims will never have their loved ones back.

Very tragic, which is probably why Wawona packing issued the voluntary recall on these peaches. No one wants to take a chance shipping out bacterial tainted fruit.

It is strange the company took so long to issue the recall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here