Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adam211_gw

Over-watered blueberry (?)

adam211
10 years ago

I'm not sure if I over-watered my blueberry bushes.

I bought my blueberries about a month or two ago. Hearing conflicting advice about when to plant, I decided to wait until October or so to plant them so as to not shock them. I intend to plant in a mix of about 1/3 native-soil+compost-mix, 1/3 peat, and 1/3 pine+fir bark (all I could find).

They are currently sitting in full sun. Well, so I've been watering regularly (every 1-3 days, often every other day) thinking I couldn't over-water since they are in well drained pots from the nursery. We've had some strong winds knock them over. Then it had been maybe 4 days since I watered, and a couple days ago we had some really strong winds again knock them over. I set them up then the next day I noticed they looked really horrible. I'm not sure the cause. Thinking they were dried out, I heavily watered them then set them in the back in the shade.

Does this look like over-water to you, or something else? I'm thinking maybe I should plant them right away to give them room to grow.

Irrecoverable? Two of them look pretty great, but are just starting to show the same symptoms of the other four.

The leaves are very crispy. Some have the brown "water" marks you see in this picture, The vast majority are very crispy, and about half of those are curling crispy.

Comments (8)