Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kenzo_gw

Is This "Weed" a Grapevine

kenzo
9 years ago

Always surprises with volunteers in the city!

This guy popped up in one of the planters on my sidewalk! (It contains a fern that was rather discouraged by this winter) Originally I let it grow because it looked like a maple and the nice maple across the street was unfortunately cut down. Now it does not look like a maple and my neighbor says its a grapevine - is he right? see attached photo-bucket album - is Mystery Vine B a grape as well - it looks more like one to me but has a totally different leaf shape it popped up in the adjacent planter where a hydrangea was nearly killed by last winter too
http://s97.photobucket.com/user/tbone4739/library/Garden2104/is%20this%20a%20grapevine

also I think the third is a raspberry? in the same planter - I can only imagine birds in the tree above gave these gifts -

if they are grapevines is there any point to growing them out ? any way to guess what they may be? They look nothing like my cocord vine.

what is the best way to "save" these volunteers and relocate to a proper home. I do have a place where I was intending on planting another grape and am sort of fascinated by having one that just popped up here in gritty Philly.

Here is a link that might be useful: album is this a grapevine

Comments (4)