Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What the heck is doing this to my Blueberries?

Posted by Bradybb wa 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 22:58

I have some Blueberries in pots and some in the ground.Within the last few days,the leaves on some of the potted ones have been turning brown.It usually starts near the tip end,not always at the tip,but more towards that area,and then spreads.Soon almost the whole leaf is crispy.
The worst one,and it may be the originator of the disease,if it's that,is a Blueray I bought at Home Depot about a month and a half ago.Half of the plant's leaves are dead or dying.It is in a container and as time went on,something just didn't look right about it.Some of the stem tips were drying and there were a few green berries falling off,until it's present condition.
In a pot a couple feet away was a Pink Champagne Blueberry,separated by another potted Blueberry.This one,the Pink,has similar symptoms.
We've had a lot of rain in June.I'm thinking that may be part of the problem,the spreading anyway.
I've quarantined the plants and repotted the Pink,thinking it may be in the bark mix,as they share that similarity.
I'm including some pictures.Does Mummyberry do this? Thanks,Brady

Blueray Leaves
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pink Champagne Leaves
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What the heck is doing this to my Blueberries?

Whats on the bottom of the leafs? Looks like it could be a fungus. Ive had a couple leafs look like that but it was a very small white woolly looking aphid or something chewing through one side of leaf creating the dead blotchy patches. After looking at the pics again some of the damadge does look like bug chewing on the leafs. A closer inspection is needed.

o
RE: What the heck is doing this to my Blueberries?

I've been looking at a few photos online and it may be a bacterial canker. Brady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here