Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this cherry blight? Trees at nursery????

Posted by gardeninns none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 23:07

I've been eyeing these cherry tree at a local nursery for a few weeks but today I noticed them not looking so good. I already have one cherry tree so I don't want to pass on something to my healthy one, what does everyone think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this cherry blight? Trees at nursery????

If this photo is from the northeast, what you are likely seeing is cherry leaf spot which is normal for cherry trees not sprayed with fungicide.

o

That is good to know, so there is still hope for them lol. I did see some sticky sappy substance coming out of a few which worried me as well. You got my location bang on....nova scotia.

o

Yes, it looks like cherry leaf spot to me, which can be serious unless you spray for it. I almost lost my two trees to it until I discovered which fungicides work for me. Captan did nothing for it. Then last year I alternated Ortho garden spray, T-Methyl, and Rally . Then just Rally this year. My cherry trees are now the healthiest looking trees in my orchard.

Marc

o

When does one spray cherry trees? Fall? I really need a second cherry tree.....do dwarf cherries pollinate tree? I ask this because I saw a small dwarf cherry but was unsure if it would pollinate my tree.by dwarf I mean a small plant about as big as a raspberry bush they sell at nurseries.....it was not a tree. But it was prunus.....I have never sprayed my cherry tree at home, and it looks great, should I be spraying?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here