Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smelser1123

I need help identifying this small fruit please

smelser1123
9 years ago

I noticed this tree during one of my walks and tasted how good the fruit is but do not know what it is. It almost looks like a rainier cherry but a little bigger. The flesh is yellow with the consistency and paste of a plum. The seed does not remove easily from the flesh just like with a plum. It appears the red ones are overripe and fall off the tree were as the yellowish with a little hint of orange are the ripe ones that stay on the tree. I have included a photo and if needed I have several more if you would like to see but any help would be greatly appreciated. Area I live is northern Nevada Reno area.

Thank you kindly,
Chris~

[update] I wanted to thank everyone for their kind and quick responses. My original post wasn't very clear so I should state that these trees do not appear to be wild and I believe they were planted along the exercise walkway as part of a beautification years ago. I happen to notice bing cherry trees about every tenth tree or so but unfortunately they are the first ones that are picked clean... lol

This post was edited by smelser1123 on Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 1:46

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks