Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Peach Tree leaves are getting discolored..

Posted by catullus025 new york (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 0:00

Hey guys, I'm super new at this, My father has a peach tree in his garden and over the spring a few sprouts came up and I potted one and have been caring for it since. Though a couple of days ago I noticed that the leaves have started to become discolored with some spots and I can't seem to find anything that really matches it online. I am getting pretty nervous about it, if anyone has any idea what might be going on and how I could care for it I would be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Ross

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Peach Tree leaves are getting discolored..

Try find fertilizer with all macro ments and micro ments included in mix this called a complete fertilizer.

Another caution water lightly with bottle water are rain water. Tap water that tread could cause problem I'm seeing in photo. Peach is one easiest to drown.

o

Your potting mix could have a drainage problem. A soggy mix can cause foliage that looks like yours. Al

o

The sprouts at the base of the tree are root stock.
Won't produce the same fruit your Dad's tree does.
Toss the sprouts and by a named kind

o

Looks like spider mites.

o

I second plumhillfarm, the speckling on the leaves could easily be spider mite damage. The other observations are good as well.

o

Hey, thanks everyone! I tried two or three things at once from all of your suggestions and I don't know exactly what it was that saved it but it's decay has stopped and it's growing new fresh green leaves again!

All the best!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here