Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luisa plum

Posted by plumstupid 6A MO (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 2:40

Hey guys I just ordered a luisa plum for next season and was wondering if any of you guys had any information on it. I'm really curious as to what I need to pollinate it and what kind of sprays and pruning it will require and anything else you may know. Thanks guys.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luisa plum

PS,

I found this on the web. Hope this help you. "'Luisa' Plum, Description:This newly released self-fertile, yellow fleshed plum is exceptionally sweet and juicy. Distinctive elongated-heart shape. Having some disease resistance makes this cultivar easier to grow organically. Maturity: Estimated +35 days ‘Santa Rosa'. Pollination:Reported to be self-fertile. Mid-season bloom. Generally crops well. Comments: A Japanese-type plum that is reported to be self-fertile. Consider growing this in your backyard!
Culture: Reported from overseas to show some resistance to Xanthomonas campestris pv. pruni (bacterial spot)"

Tony

o

Most Japanese plums are fairly similar to grow so just read up on how to grow a Japanese plum.

Where did you get this variety? Its only showing up in New Zealand when I search for it.

Scott

o

Hey guys I oredered it from raintree. Everything I've seen has it listed as a Euro plum, but other than that we all found the same info. Looks like I will just have to grow this one and find out because I don't think anyone else is growing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here