Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliciainwonderland

Pruning Question

I have a question on pruning. We have several mature fruit trees that were planted by the previous owners. Unfortunately, they were all planted along the property lines so pruning has become an issue. We have a dwarf apple tree along one fence, and it was just in the middle of fruiting season. Our rather rude neighbors suddenly decided to hack off every bit of the branches that were crossing over to their yard (it's a dwarf tree...how annoying could it be?). Should I be worried about the health of the tree? I feel like it is dropping its leaves a bit early since it was hacked up.

Second, we have a big peach tree that was taking down our fence on another side. Around January or February, my husband cut off the branches that were tearing apart the fence (one big one and a few smaller ones). It was more than a 1/3 trim, probably more like 2/3 or more. Now the tree only made a few leaves in the spring and is completely bare now. Is it dead or in shock? We are having a really bad drought so maybe that is a factor? Us there anything I can do to revive it?

Comment (1)