Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hannah9880

If you have a plethora of peaches...

hannah9880
10 years ago

If you like to freeze peaches and you have lots of them, you might try this: mix 2 cups of peeled peaches with 1 tablespoon orange juice CONCENTRATE and 1/4 cup sugar. Bag in freezer bag--( I always double bag frozen items).
So fast, so easy--way faster than canning. Using orange juice concentrate came from an old Farm Journal cookbook from the 60's. I have tried various combinations of oj and sugar and like the above best. You could try orange and pineapple juice concentrate too. I have tried this with my peeled Superior plums to see how it would taste next winter.

The benefit of using the oj is that you can refrigerate left-overs and the peaches don't brown. (Last year's serendipity since we normally consume them all after thawing.)

When my children were little, I used only oj to freeze peaches, but now this gives me a tummy ache.

By the way, thaw the peaches one minute in the microwave. Split up the partially thawed peaches with a fork into serving sizes--two for us--and microwave each portion again to your liking, usually another minute.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting