Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the bounty of my labors this year

Posted by mes111 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 9:32

Hi all !!!!
I am excited... I planted my orchard last summer. I thinned most fruits off the trees to let them "muscle up" for next year. I kept a few few fruits on some.. just to see.

Here is what I picked yesterday.
Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the bounty of my labors this year

Wow, looks awesome congrats!!!

o

great looking fruit! Stay on this forum and you will learn a lot and teach a lot

o

Very nice! I also grew my first home grown peach this past spring and it was very exciting. They were delicious too! Nothings better than home grown fruit! Keep it up

o

I have a couple of questions? Where did you get your trees, how old were they when you planted them two years ago and what are the varieties? I will have a total of thirty trees, by next spring over an 8 year period. My trees are mostly just beginning to produce after six years. I am truly amazed at your 'days' picking after two years! Fantastic. Mrs. G

o

MrsG:
Necta Zee miniature Nectarines - Raintree planted summer '12
Hardired Giant Nectarines - Stark summer '12
Red Haven Peaches - Miller summer '12
Santa Rosa Plum -LOWE'S ( Berry Family Farms) summer '11

Am not doing anything special

Mike

o

Wow!!!!!!

o

Did you spray for insects? I have a lot of peaches and nectarines, but the bugs have attacked most of them and the squirrels have taken more than their share.

o

How is that Hardired nectarene? I planted one this spring, it has grown well, and am looking forward to see how it does for me.

o

Charlie:

Insecticide - .. For most part .... I sprayed Spectracide -Triacizide as an insecticide.

Fungicide - I used Myclobutanil ( Immunox by Specrtacide). Early in the season I also added Captan to my fungicide mix.

Try this link to a discussion here -

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fruit/msg0208485115280.html

Also you can search this forum for spray programs.

Mike

o

Eboone:

I liked the flavor. Was strong and "peachy". Nicely sweet.

Keep in mind this is just my first harvest and I have limited history to compare to. BUT much much better than store bought.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here