Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Baron. What a Beautiful & wonderful peach!!

Posted by tonytran 5A Omaha, NE (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 9:50

This RB gives you a beautiful double red flowers, large, nice peach fragrant, sweet & Juicy. Love it !!!

Tony

This post was edited by tonytran on Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 9:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Baron. What a Beautiful & wonderful peach!!

Red Baron ripen on my tree.

o

Red Baron

o

My RB is a keeper.

Tony

o

Congrats Tony, those are beauties! I also am a big fan of Red Baron but my peaches are not nearly that big. Its a small graft crammed into a not so sunny spot. But they still taste great. I got my first fruits this year, the tree is right by the squirrel entrance and they cleaned it out for several years in a row.

Scott

o

Tony, Both flowers and fruits are beautiful. I would love to graft one to my Reliance peach tree just for the beautiful spring flowers... between squirrels and raccoon, I don't get fruits for myself. I checked Dave Wilson site. It is rated zone 7. Do you grow it in a pot? If it grows in ground, how did you manage to overwinter it?

o

OG,

I planted the RB in the ground 4 yrs ago, Five feet from the wall on the South side of my house to protected it from the north winds and late frost. The micro climate near the wall really helps. I had no frost within 10 feet of the south side of the house.
Tony

o

I want to grow it just for the flowers...wow. Those are beauties.

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 14:20

DWN is releasing Atomic Red double flowering nectarine (and Dapple Supreme pluot). Sorry the link seems slow. Must be all that red loading up!

I think my neighbor has Red Baron but I haven't tasted it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Atomic Red

o

Tony, what beautiful peaches!!!! They look as if they taste really good too. I also love the flowers. I better take up grafting next spring! Gorgeous. Mrs. G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here