Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gianni2

overuse of insecticide

Gianni2
10 years ago

Hi,

I had a 2-year-old grape vine which had reached 6 feet in height. The leaves were then riddled with holes, so I sprayed each leaf on both sides. Within days they all died. I have cut back the vine almost to the ground. I see no green at the cut-off point. Do you think it might come back?

Comments (7)

• olpea
    10 years ago

Never heard of insecticide being that toxic at labeled rates. What were you using? Have you ever used herbicide in your sprayer?

• Gianni2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello olpea,

Thanks so much for your reply. I can't answer your questions, I guess I can take a wait and see approach. Then again I could go out and buy a replacement. Oh, well. Decisions, decisions.Thanks again for your post.

• alan haigh
    10 years ago

Gianni, that's a very mysterious reply. How could you not be able to answer the question? Not meaning to pry, but you've aroused my curiosity.

Sometimes people fail to clean sprayers adequately after herbicide use. Used any weed killers in that sprayer lately?

• mrsg47
    10 years ago

Label your spray tanks.

• mamuang_gw
    10 years ago

I am curious, too.

Maybe, you don't know who used what spray in that tank prior to your spraying.

However, could you please let us know what product did you used to spray your grapevine?

• DaveLindahl5432
    10 years ago

Did you know you can spray most trees and grapes with 9.0 ph alkaline water that's what I use to keep my trees and grapes bug free. to learn more about it you can go to my web site and www.myvollara.com/stormking. You can use water on almost anything and I clean my house with water and all our laundry is washed with cold water and no chemicals. My fruit and pears and apples have never looked better.

Hope this helps Dave

• olpea
    10 years ago

"Did you know you can spray most trees and grapes with 9.0 ph alkaline water that's what I use to keep my trees and grapes bug free."

Dave,

That's one of the most bogus horticultural claims I've ever heard (and I've heard a lot).

If you have any research based data, I'd love to see it.

Our tap water normally runs about 9.3. It won't kill bugs. Given the opportunity, they'll drink it same as me.