Posted by rober49 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 11:10

i know apples can, what about peaches?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can peaches get rust?

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 12:19

I'd say that's bacterial spot. Is it on the leaves as well?

Here is a link that might be useful: bacterial spot pictures

o

nothing on the leaves. this is on about 1/2 the peaches & all of the all of my nectarines.

o

• Posted by olpea zone 6 KS (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 14:56

Then it's scab. A fungicide (like captan) starting at about thumbnail fruit size will prevent the scarring. Just curious, what variety is the peach?

o

there are several varieties & they all have it. too late for this year but i'll know better next year.

o

I have had some chronic problems with scab on my peaches too, and have mistakenly thought that any fungicide would be effective. I found this very helpful paper on the website of the USDA station in Kearneysville WV (link below) which says that only captan and sulfur among the fungicides listed are effective vs peach scab, and that copper, Immunox (myclobutanil) and Daconil (Chlorothalonil) are not effective. The table 3.3a on page 6 is the source of that statement - however it does not mention Monterrey Fungi Fighter (Propiconazole), another antifungal agent.

Going to change my early spray schedule next year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home orchard pest and disease management

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here