Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gator_rider2

Goji and Blueberry Bumble Bees

gator_rider2
10 years ago

Goji and Blueberry Bumblebees
I plant 2 Goji roots June first this year the bees are working flower day and night late to night I'll check see if there all night. My plant growed 3 foot up from June setting many small long berries long just 3/4 inch this pull over some canes to ground its funny to stand there watch Bess feed they turn upside down to get at flowers in grass. I'm posting this because I think good draw for this type Bee.

Comments (7)

• trianglejohn
    10 years ago

Its always good to keep your bees happy. I plant basil all around the garden just to give the bumblebees something to eat all summer long.

• gator_rider2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The roots been planted less 90 days and have 2 berries turning orange color..

• strudeldog_gw
    10 years ago

gator,

Off topic here, but were not you the one who mentioned a place one time to me where to purchase Excel Pecan? I am way north in GA of you and wondering if you might recommend a reasonable place to purchase Pecans down south. Not looking for a bulk purchase but want to try 5 or 6 different types

Thanks if you know and sorry to bother if it was not you

• blueboy1977
    10 years ago

Nice info Gator! I haven't seen one of those bees yet in my neck of the woods but its nice to know they like Goji. I will have to find me some Goji roots and plant them. I'm suppost to be right in the middle of there population on the Gulf Coast so maybe this will attract a few. If not them then I'm sure other bees will like it as well.

• gator_rider2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Clough Pecan Nursery
    3417 Hwy. 84 West
    Blackshear, GA 31516
    912-449-4585
    912-288-4895 or 1947

This grower of Excel pecan and patent holder. As all nursery they sell after crop ends the digging shipping starts around Christmas I don't no if do small shipping but one contact number should yield answer. The Excel are hard hulls nuts maybe the hardest to shell and keep in shell a long time like year in paper sack in side home nuts are large medium size weight shell heavy. I've got 9 young plants planted January 2012.
    For other Nursery Bass Pecan my favorite to buy from because there climate best grow off young plants they have long late growth each year pecan have largest primary bud so new growth after transplant grow 4 feet in first 45 days over years my purchase total been 1120 plants from Bass they in are near Lumberton Miss.
    I've used Patten seed company for about 4 to 5 hundred pecan trees good roots from this nursery but primary buds small and tree go into stunt 1 to 2 years but come out do find. The link cover some good buying station.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pecan Nursery

• strudeldog_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks Gator

• gator_rider2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If you some searching in link below you pick out cultivar that might be more favorable for you site and scab spray capability.
    Just for fun price pecan change because Chinese christmas changes dates each year this coming christmas Jan.. 31st So ship leaves Nov. 20th with pecans to make market for chinese Christmas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pecan cultivars good scab resistant