Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!! Problem of my pear tree

Posted by helwhhle 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 13:37

I have these problem last year, then this year too.
My pear tree 5 in 1 is 5 years old. Starting bloom from last year, beautiful flowers, it grows into small fruit, a little bit large than pea size. Then, stop growing, A lot of them on the tree,
I am getting frustrated since last year, I search the web and did not find answer. I am afraid it will happen again next year.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Wendy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!! Problem of my pear tree

Did they turn brown? Do you have a picture?
I suspect that if they are still green, maybe you got a flowering pear like a cleveland, aristocrat, or bradford pear. I hope not, but it's not the end. You could graft fruiting types on. Maybe I'm jumping the gun.
Noogy

o

5 in 1, as in a cocktail fruit tree?

where is it planted?
how's the soil?
how much sun does it get?
how much and how often do you water?
how often do you fertilize?

o

Wendy, pears will drop unpollinated fruit- could that be a factor here?

If it is an ornamental pear as Noogy suggests then your five in one is probably mislabeled, and his suggestion of grafting onto it is worth considering. (If you've never grafted before this is a great opportunity to try it- pears are very user-friendly in this regard!)

Good luck,

Mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here