Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help I.Ding apple tree problem

Posted by vistagardener Zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 14:08

I just bought two apple trees approximately 5 weeks ago, a dwarf northern spy and a dwarf golden delicious. Both appeared to be in good shape but within the last 2 weeks both have started to have their leaves turn yellow and fall, especially the golden delicious. PH of the soil is 7.5.

New to gardening with trees. Anyone know what my problem is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help I.Ding apple tree problem

It is getting late in the year.

That said, what did you do to the planting hole?

I assume they were in pots.
If so, the original rootball may be too dry. (Stick a finger in it to test.)
How often, when and where are you watering?

This post was edited by jean001a on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 14:32

o
RE: Help I.Ding apple tree problem

Yeah, both came in pots. I have temporarily buried the trees in the original pots(with the original soil in them) in the ground as I'm not sure if their current location is going to be their permanent location.

Should I remove them from the pots?

As for watering, its been between every 2-4 days, depending on how hot its been.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here