Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mackissic 3 point chipper shreddar

Posted by brandond 6 (hdavis34@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 14:18

Does anyone have one of these units? Im leaning towards buying the smaller 3.5 in chipper shreddar for my tractor. It seems they are a good brand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mackissic 3 point chipper shreddar

• Posted by glenn10 5a New Brunswick (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 21:45

I checked out their website, looks like a pretty afordable unit @$1879.00 mrsp.Have you checked on craigs list? you might find a good used chipper for a few hundred bucks.

o

• Posted by murky z8f pnw Portlan (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 11:22

I was surprised how much 3 point chippers cost. If I could find one for a few hundred on Craigslist I'd be all over it, but I haven't seen one under $1000 around here.

o

I just wanted to post a follow up on here. I ended up getting a barely used Dr 3pt chipper that will chip up to 4.5 in wood. It also has a blower attachment on it. It retail for around 2600 and I bought it for 1300. I was told it was used for 4 days. The person that had it sold their farm and equipment along with that. Its suppose to be delivered tomorrow So I will again post a follow up to how well i like it. For that low of price even if it needs a little tlc I would be ok.

o

• Posted by glenn10 5a New Brunswick (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 22:06

looks like you got a really good deal.You must be at the point where your orchard is big enough that it's time to start getting some big toys to help with the expansion. I bought an older Kubota last year and am getting quite a collection of implements from driving around and seeing what is out in old farmers fields.I got a lot for either free or next to nothing.I am also on the hunt for a chipper,thats next on my list!What do you have for a tractor?post some pics of the new machine if you can, i would love to see it!

o

I bought a tractor driven chipper/shredder 20 years ago. I have made modifications to improve the strength of the unit, a Roto Hoe that went out of business right after I bought it. My 25 hp Kubota runs it OK but it is not fast enough for large scale chipping. I rent a commercial chipper once a year to catch up on large scale chipping. The commercial chipper is only powered by an 18 hp engine but is 10 times stronger and faster than my tractor model. The secret is a large flywheel, must weigh 300 lbs,that when up to speed will power the chipper blade through 5 inch limbs. The commercial model sells for $10,000, so I rent mine for $300 a day, and don't have to maintain it. Al

o

The chipper was delivered last night. Looks and runs great. It was left outside thought,so the pto was gunked up a bit.I think i got a steal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here