Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rotten Apples

Posted by gardener780 none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 14:45

Hello. I'm having some trouble with my crab apple tree. For the last few years, my apples have been turning out like this. I haven't tried any pesticides not knowing which pests to target and how it will affect the fruit. Has anybody dealt with this before and does anybody know what can be causing this? Much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rotten Apples

Do you have any sort of agricultural authority or info center in Cambodia? If so, those would be the folks to speak with.

Some sort of disease. Don't know what's common in your region so unable to suggest management. One thing for certain, discard all affected fruits.

o
RE: Rotten Apples

the dry brown cracking looks like scab, it also apears you have spots of some brown rot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here