Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bradybbb

First Red Raspberry Nectarine Harvest

Bradybb WA-Zone8
9 years ago

I just picked most of the crop from this tree.I really like the flavor and sweet.The fruit is kind of small but maybe will get bigger in the future.I also could have left a few too many on when thinning.
Fruitnut,isn't this one in your collection?If so,I'd like your opinion,if there are any to try yet and If only so so,then your favorites have to be fantastic. Brady
{{gwi:123110}}
{{gwi:123111}}

Comments (9)

• fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX
    9 years ago

That's a beautiful looking fruit. I love the dark red exterior. I just planted Raspberry Red and Speckled Egg this yr. Both have fruit buds on small trees but I'd expect a couple fruit of each next yr. Thanks for posting. Something to look forward to!!

Your tree looks beautiful as well.

• appleseed70
    9 years ago

Brady....that is one beautiful tree, incredibly healthy and vibrant looking. Those nectarines certainly look like they taste good...is that freestone?

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks,it is a nice looking tree.Just a little PLC,but we had a very wet March this year.It probably helped to be growing under some tall Douglas Fir to shield some of the rain.
    For some reason,I didn't notice the Speckled Egg.The description on the Raintree site sounds good.
    Yes,it is freestone. Brady

• mes111
    9 years ago

Brady

How did you get two photos to appear on the same page/post.

BTW, BEAUTIFUL !!!. I planted a red Raspb Nect this spring. Leafed out nicely. Will see if anything pops next year.

Mike

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mike,
    I use Photobucket.I think it will enable an innumerable amount of photos to be posted.
    After uploading your pics at that site,click on HTML next to the photo and come back to your post and paste.Repeat that with each one that is wanted underneath the previous paste.
    It helps to have two browsers open to go back and forth quicker.
    I hope your tree does well. Brady

• franktank232
    9 years ago

Gorgeous fruit.... Would u say they have a typical white nectarine flavor or is there something more there?

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

franktank,
    I don't grow any others right now and have only tried a few that were bought.
    I had one left from the local farmers market and tried it right after reading your comment.I think the Nectarine was Arctic Blaze or Arctic Queen.I liked the Red Raspberry much better.More sweet and complex flavor.It could also have to do when theirs was picked.I gave one to a neighbor and he was really impressed and said he couldn't describe the taste. Brady

• Tony
    9 years ago

Brady,

Cool looking fruit. What are the parentage of this guy?

Tony

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tony,
    This is the description from Raintree Nursery:Developed by the California Rare Fruit Growers' Hybridizer Group. A rare nectarine with rich red flesh reminiscent of the old "Indian Red" peaches. It is the result of crossing red-fleshed peaches with white nectarines and re-crossing the subsequent seedlings. Small to medium sized fruit has dark burgundy skin with flesh streaked in red and a juicy, melting texture. The flavor is unique: rich and complex, very sweet but with a pleasant tartness similar to raspberry. Brady

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!