Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blue72_gw

stark bro

blue72
11 years ago

have anybody brought a fruit tree from them?. old r there. thinking about buying a 2in1 pear tree.

Comments (9)

• swvirginiadave
    11 years ago

Plenty of times. They're a reputable firm and the trees are generally in good shape and sent reliably. They tend toward hyperbole in their descriptions and don't tell you what rootstock the trees are on.

• Omni
    11 years ago

I got a July Elberta peach tree. It's not growing like they said it was going to, but they're sending me another tree, so I'm pretty happy with them. I'm going to order 3 more trees from them, one of them being the 2 n 1 pear tree.

• abz5b
    11 years ago

Very satisfied with them have ordered berries and trees from them every plant I've ordered has been a tremendous success. Yellow raspberries are over 7 ft tall this year on the second year and my black gold cherry tree is taking off like a rocket.

• milehighgirl
    11 years ago

In 2008 I ordered a Surefire cherry. It did not do well the first year and did not break dormancy in 2009. When I called to have the tree replaced they said they were sold out. They did honor their guarantee and sent me another, which I received in spring of 2010.

This year I got maybe a cup of really good pie cherries.

• abz5b
    11 years ago

Yeah Cherry trees take a bit to get going. Most tree fruit your looking at 3-5 years before you get substantial fruit. My apple tree this year on its 6th year is just loaded. But my 3 year old apple only has about a dozen apples. You'll get there :)

• myk1
    11 years ago

They are a very large percentage of where I get my stuff. I've always been happy with them.
    But the main reason I use them is they're only about 3 hours away so I know my stuff won't be sitting in a box for long shipping, and I know it won't notice a difference in climate when it wakes up.

• toucanjoe
    11 years ago

They are very reputable and have been around for many years.

• blazeaglory
    11 years ago

Yeah. Companies that supply fruit trees cant control how they grow once they get to your destination. Fruit trees never do well their first couple of years. And if your tree did not break dormancy that is not the companies fault. Blame mother nature. I would think you are lucky to get a free tree from them for nothing. Most companies would say "hey, lots of peoples trees didnt break dormancy this year, what can I do about it?"

• milehighgirl
    11 years ago

blazeaglory,

I called them the first year and described the problem. They told me to call back the following spring, but by the time I was sure it wasn't coming back they were sold out. It only had about 15 leaves the first year and they were mostly yellow. It just didn't have enough energy stored to make it through the winter.

You are right, I am lucky to have had it replaced. I have no complaints.