Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concord grape identification

Posted by poolecw Georgia 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 18:15

Guys, I planted some concords and muscadines this spring. I planted 6 concords...three came from Lowes and three came from Ty Ty nursery. Now that they are up and growing well, I've noticed that the concords look different from one another. The three that came from Ty Ty have large rounded leaves while the three from Lowes have large jagged leaves. See the pictures below.

Question is this: can they all still be concords or has someone messed up along the way? I know that there are hundreds of varieties out there so identification would be very hard to do.

I have a request as well. If you have concords growing in your backyard, would you mind snapping and sharing a photo on this thread? That might help me figure out whats going on

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concord grape identification

Here's the picture of the other...

and yes, I have a Japanese beetle problem. LOL.

o

The top one is Grape bottom muscadine TYTY is bad place to get right plant your plants photos look great.

o

I've learned my lesson about TY TY. They must have just mixed up my order. If the bottom one is a muscadine, then it is a Summit female. I ordered two summit females and one Carlos male. The leaves on the Carlos are the same shape as the one in the bottom picture but the Carlos' leaves is 1/4 the size.

Could male and females muscadine leaves have such drastically different sizes?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here