Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
persimmonbob

How are your AS.persimmon doing?

Monyet
11 years ago

Mine are what i expect.I got rootstock that has been grafted on since 05 and some grafted this spring with sionwood from England Nursery.6 varieties,enough to do a bunch grafts. Happy with their stuff.Our drought did not face them, looking great.

I did got some graft breakage from 2 very strong storms,it was my fault i did not support them in time. It still hurt and also removed the tape too soon.

Owner of a local nursery gave me some sionwood to try from his mother's place in Beaumont Tx.that he said was excellent tasting and large in size.She does not know the name but the tree is very old now.Still interesting.The leaves are light colored and very large,different than the ones i am use to.This little tree is guarded with a tall wire ring and not taking any chances this winter.

My observations sofar with as.persimmon,Sayo and rossianka have a hard time coping with prolong 100*plus degrees,both are very precocious with very little fruit drop if any.

Kiungsunhas the worst fruit drop but taste delish,but i am o.k with that. Like my fig's there are more overripe fig's on the ground than on the tree.Giombo is another keeper,it is like Sayo but larger.

Persimmon and paw paw's are the fruits that i allways look forward to,eventhough one or two paw paw's a day is all i could handle and with a little imaganation you could think that they are in the mango femaly.I can't wait for mine paw paw gelato.

I also value asian persimmon and paw paw's for their landscape purposes.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz