Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

Ain�t This a Peach?

mxyplx
10 years ago

Our peach tree used to produce super peaches and lots of em. Well along came curly leaf. I used to spray and take care etc but time took its toll and I gave up and for the last 10-12 years maybe more most of the leaves dropped off and the tree produced 3-5 peaches not worth eating. In fact they usually dropped off or dried up. 5 or 2 years ago the biggest branch dropped off. Last year the 2nd biggest dropped off too. This year the one remaining branch split and hung down. Well there seemed to be a decent crop on board and most surprising of all there was no curly leaf.

Accordingly I propped up the branch and clamped the split together as you can see. Good thing I kept all those clamps all these years. Not only that the tree produced 26 super peaches just like before. You may be able to see a couple still unpicked.

All that thru one split and mostly rotten thread running thru where the clamps are. I will now have to either build a permanent support for that branch or buy another step ladder. The ladder blocks the water from one of the pop-up sprinklers. Gotta watch everything.

Comments (3)